The Department of Mathematics and Systems Analysis organizes regular colloquia on topics in mathematics and systems analysis for a non-specialist audience. Informal discussion continues after the colloquium in the common room.
Schedule for Spring 2017
- January 31st, 15-16, hall U1 : Jarkko Kari (University of Turku) : "An Algebraic Geometric Approach to Multidimensional Symbolic Dynamics"
- February 28th, 15-16, hall M1 : Eero Saksman (University of Helsinki) : "The Riemann zeta function meets Gaussian multiplicative chaos"
- March 28th, 15-16, hall M1 : Christian Haase (Freie Universität Berlin) : "Finiteness Theorems for Lattice Polytopes"
- April 25th, 15-16, hall M1 : Thomas Britz (UNSW Sydney) : "A Nice Proof of Wei's Duality Theorem"
- May 2nd, 15-16, hall M1 : David Rios Insua (ICMAT-CSIC and Royal Academy of Sciences, Spain) : "Adversarial Risk Analysis: Concepts, Applications and Challenges"
Next colloquium presentation
Titles and abstracts of past colloquia
Fall semester 2016
Spring semester 2016
- January 26th, 15-16, hall M1:Prof. Davy Paindavei (Université Libre de Bruxelles) : Inference on the mode of weak directional signals: a Le Cam perspective on hypothesis testing near singularities
- February 23rd, 15-16, hall M1: Prof. Jeffery M. Keisler (Aalto University, University of Massachusetts Boston) : A decision analytic modification to deal with uncertain targets in project management
- March 31th, 15-16, hall M1 : Prof. René Scoof (Università di Roma “Tor Vergata”) : Lagrange's theorem for finite algebraic groups
- April 26th, 15-16, hall M1 : Prof. Giuseppe Mingione (Università di Parma) : Some regularity problems in the calculus of variations
Fall semester 2015
- September 29, 15-16, hall M1: Prof. Raimo P. Hämäläinen (Aalto University) : Behavioural operational research.
- October 27, 15-16, hall U1: Prof. David Radnell (Aalto University) : Some new developments in quasiconformal Teichmueller theory.
- November 24th, 15-16, hall U1: Ph.D Jukka Keränen (Aalto Univerisity) : Group Representations in Number Theory: An Introduction to the Langlands Program
Spring semester 2015
Page content by: webmaster-math [at] list [dot] aalto [dot] fi