Classical complex analysis is a theory that studies certain classes of functions in the complex plane, for example conformal mappings and analytic functions. The complex analysis group at Aalto University mainly works with various generalizations of the classical theory such as harmonic and quasiconformal mappings and analytic functions of multiple complex variables. We also study the use of numerical methods in complex analysis and various applications of ideas originating from the classical complex analysis. Our group is small but we have very active collaboration with other universities in Finland and abroad.
If you are interested in our work, please contact Antti Rasila, Björn Ivarsson, or other group members.
- Xiantao Wang (Shantou University, China), AScI Fellow, 25.1.–21.2.2016.
- Manzi Huang (Hunan Normal University, China), 25.1.–21.2.2016.
- R. Michael Porter, Cinvestav, Mexico, 13.–23.9.2015.
- Shaolin Chen (Hengyang Normal University, China) 1.9.–31.10.2014.
- Jiaolong Chen (Hunan Normal University, China) 7.1.–31.5.2014.
Page content by: webmaster-math [at] list [dot] aalto [dot] fi