Welcome to the home page of the research group in Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations (NPDE). The group is based at Aalto University School of Science with close ties to several other Finnish and foreign universities.
In our research we rely heavily on group work and international collaboration.
We have published over 80 research papers and secured over 2,5 M€ external funding in 2012-18.
The research is funded by
If you are interested in working with us, please contact Juha Kinnunen and Riikka Korte or other group members.
See the Mathematics Genealogy Project
News and events
- Pekka Lehtälä defends his dissertation Generalized solutions to the porous medium equation on Fri 18 May 2018
- Casimir Lindfors defends his dissertation Regularity for nonlinear parabolic partial differential equations on Thu 26 April 2018
- Emma-Karoliina Kurki received a doctoral training grant form the Emil Aaltonen Foundation in April 2018
- Kristian Moring received a doctoral training grant form the Magnus Ehrnrooth Foundation in March 2018
- Fractal Geometry and Stochastics 6, Bad Herrenalb, Germany, 30 Sept - 5 Oct 2018
- Methods of Real Analysis and Theory of Elliptic Systems, Rome 17-21 Sept 2018
- Dynamics, Equations and Applications, Krakow 16-20 Sept 2018
- Function Theories in Higher Dimensions, Tampere 20-24 Aug 2018
- Jyväskylä Summer School, 6-17 Aug 2018
- Recent Developments in Complex Analysis and Function Theory, Heraklion 2-6 July 2018
- Mini-courses in Mathematical Analysis, Padova 2-6 July 2018
- Research program Geometric Function Theory in Fluid Mechanics, Barcelona July 2018
- Rickman Memorial Conference, Helsinki 18-20 June 2018
- The group organizes Workshop on Nonlinear Parabolic PDEs, Institut Mittag-Leffler 11-15 June 2018
- Geometric Measure Theory and its Connections, University of Helsinki 4-8 June 2018
- Workshop on Real Harmonic Analysis and its Applications to Partial Differential Equations and Geometric Measure Theory, ICMAT Madrid 28 May-2 June 2018
- Cologne Conference on Positivity and Differential Equations, 22-25 May 2018
- Regularity Theory for Elliptic and Parabolic Systems and Problems in Continuum Mechanics, Telc 2-5 May 2018
Huilian Jia (Xián Jiaotong University) 4.9.2017–31.10.2018
Ryan Gibara 29.3.–31.8.
Peter Lindqvist 25.4.–29.4.
Matteo Bonforte 17.5.–19.5.
Page content by: webmaster-math [at] list [dot] aalto [dot] fi