Laskutupa (mathematics tutoring lab)
Laskutupa will be
- open for period I, 15.9 - 26.10, 2021
- operating as per the schedule below
- in online mode only
The Aalto hosted zulip chat will be used. Sign in using your Aalto credentials.https://laskutupa.zulip.cs.aalto.fi/ Where:
On-line only (Y190c, Otakaari 1 is NOT in use)When:
- 10 - 18 Monday - Thursday
- 10 - 16 Friday
- See the detailed schedule below
- The tutors are also working some extra flexible hours. So you may find them available at extra times not listed in the schedule.
Contact: David Radnell
- Laskutupa is a free help centre primarily aimed at students in the basic mathematics courses (MS-A) although students from any mathematics courses are welcome to come for help.
- You can ask questions in Zulip at any time without the need for advance registration.
- (Currently not in use. You are welcome to study in the room alone or in a group.)
- The Zulip chat room is staffed with 1 or 2 tutors per the schedule below and at other ad hoc times.
- The tutors can help you with general concepts and difficulties you may have understading the lecture materials. They will also help you solve exercises by guiding you towards a solution. But please don't expect them to solve your exercises for you. Also note that tutors can not be expected to be immediately familiar with the details of every course. See below for information on which tutors have exepertise in which advanced courses.
, M223, Otakaari 1, email@example.com
Detailed Schedule: (updated on 14.09.2021)
- Besides the scheduled hours, tutors will be working some extra hours at ad hoc times.
- There may be small changes in the schedule from week to week.
Period I, 15.09 - 26.10, 2021
| Weeks 37-43
|| EM VS
Note! Each tutor has one or more superpowers. It is advisable, if possible, to target a tutor whose superpower is helpful in solving your problem!
Tutors and their superpowers:
AI = Antti Immonen (M, D, R, T)
AR = Annamaria Raduly Baka (to be announced)
EL = Eeli Lamponen (M, T, L, R, O)
EM = Eija Myötyri (M, L, D)
GM = Georg Metsalo (M, S, D, T)
HO = Hannu Ojanen (M, K, R, T)
HP = Heikki Pokela (M, L)
JA = Jerry Aunula (M, T, K, D)
JV = Julius Vaulasto (to be announced)
LS = Lauri Särkiö (M, O, E, K, L)
MM = Markku Malmivuori (M, K, L, T)
SL = Sami Londén (M, D)
SP = Sami Piippo (M, K)
TL = Tuomas Lebedeff (M, L, R, T, St)
TR = Tommi Raita (M)
VS = Ville Saarikivi (M)
M = matematiikka (differentiaali- ja integraalilaskenta 1 - 3, matriisilaskenta)
T = todennäköisyyslaskenta ja tilastotiede
K = kompleksianalyysi
L = lineaarialgebra ja differentiaaliyhtälöt
O = osittaisdifferentiaaliyhtälöt
R = Fourier-analyysi
E = Euclidean spaces
D = diskreetti matematiikka
N = numeeriset menetelmät ja Matlab
St= stochastic processes
S = svenskspråkig
Page content by: webmaster-math [at] list [dot] aalto [dot] fi