Bayes Days 2008
Bayes Days is a two day long gathering for everybody interested in Bayesian modelling in inverse problems.
The Finnish Center of Excellence in Inverse Problems Research has promised to support participants with some travel funding. Ask more information from email@example.com.
Invited speakers Eero Saksman (University of Helsinki) and Johanna Tamminen (Finnish Meteorological Institute) give both a one-hour long presentation.
Date: 6 - 7 October 2008
Location: On Monday at Helsinki University of Technology in hall G and on Tuesday at University of Helsinki in rooms D122 and D123.
Organizers: Tapio Helin, Matti Lassas, Lassi Päivärinta and Samuli Siltanen
Monday 6.10. (TKK hall G)
The lecture hall is located on the ground floor of the Main Building. A map can be found here.
- 13.00-14.00 Eero Saksman: On the mathematical theory of adaptive MCMC
- 14.00-14.30 Matti Lassas: Inverse problems of Schrödinger equation with a random potential
Coffee 30 min
- 15.00-15.30 Samuli Siltanen: Discretization-invariant Bayesian inversion
- 15.30-16.00 Simopekka Vänskä: Statistical X-ray tomography using empirical Besov priors
- 16.00-16.30 Sari Lasanen: Statistical inverse problems in Souslin spaces
Monday evening (Kallio, Helsinki)
Dinner at restaurant Bullman around 18.00.
Tuesday 7.10. (HU Exactum)
- 9.00-10.00 Johanna Tamminen (D122): Bayesian methods in atmospheric remote sensing
Coffee 30 min
- 10.30-11.00 Kimmo Karhunen (D123): Anisotropic Smoothness Priors in EIT - Application to Non-Destructive Testing of Concrete
- 11.00-11.30 Tapio Helin (D123): Segmenting priors in Bayesian inversion
- 11.30-12.00 Petteri Piiroinen (D123): On comparison of Gaussian models of multiplier type